Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekly Portrait Paintings

Since the 2-day portrait workshop I took with Martinho Correira, I've been feeling extremely confident in portraiture. I should probably say in drawing, since that's where I've been progressing most, but I've also done better in the application of paint, too.

Here is the full-color painting I did of Norma:




















This piece culminates The Norma Project, although not quite how I had intended. Nevertheless, I'm fairly pleased with the result, especially given that it was painted in only one 4-hour session (not 3, as I had originally intended).

And here is my portrait of Darcy, which I painted during our weekly Sunday figure session at Isabelle's studio:




















I had planned to do a full-colour portrait, following my portrait of Norma, but with only an hour left to add colour after doing the monochrome block-in, I decided to keep it as a grisaille (so to speak).

No comments:

Post a Comment